Head of Product Management - Customer Platform
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About The Role
Our Customer Platform team is an engineering, product, and design organization building the best ordering and fulfillment experience not on earth.
From mobile and web applications for healthcare workers placing emergency life-saving orders to consumers placing prescription orders for at-home delivery, we create software solutions across the delivery journey for end-customers, fulfillment operators, customer care agents, and even software developers integrating our technology.
As the Head of Product for Customer Platform, you’ll lead a team of product managers to deeply understand our partners’ and customers’ problems to identify and deliver valuable solutions as we bring our new Platform 2 ultra-precise home delivery to market in 2024. You’ll have the opportunity to shape how product management is done at Zipline by defining the processes that turn insights into action.
What You’ll Do
- Define and drive cross-functional processes that uncover customer problems, generate insights, and deliver valuable, viable, usable, feasible solutions that our customers love
- Develop a holistic product vision, product principles, and product strategies that solve customer problems in an efficient way for the business
- Make the complex simple - translate findings from a diverse array of internal and external inputs into a distilled POV aligned with product strategies
- Evangelize the product vision, inspire teams, facilitate cross-functional collaboration and alignment, and push back as needed with impeccable written and verbal communication
- Attract, hire, mentor, and lead top product management talent to build a productive, diverse, and highly engaged team
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in software product management and/or leadership
- 5+ years of experience leading product teams
- 5+ years of experience working cross-functionally with engineering and UX/UI among other stakeholders
- Track record of bringing major product lines to commercial success at meaningful scaleHistory of delivering products and features that customers love through iterative cycles of learning
- Domain expertise in aspects of e-commerce, supply chain, instant delivery, API products, and/or products that span hardware and software
- The grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments
Note: Nice-to-have qualifications include prior experience in fast-paced, high-growth environments, mentoring others, and working with global, multi-language markets.
What Else You Need to Know
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.