About You and The Role
Does taking command of one of the first commercial delivery drones in the United States sound exciting to you? How about joining a team of dedicated, detail-oriented operators striving to be the best in the business?
The Flight Operations team at Zipline is growing, and we’re looking for individuals with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and exceptionally high standards. Success will require a process-minded approach on every flight, safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for using cutting-edge technology to help others.
What You'll Do
- Upon successful completion of our FAA-approved training program (~3-4 weeks in NC), you’ll receive a Zipline controller (RPIC) certification and join the flight crew to conduct live part 135 delivery operations
- As a controller, you are responsible for the safe and compliant execution of each flight, which includes but not limited to:
- Conducting all pre-shift / preflight planning and briefings to include weather and airspace information)
- Initiation, monitoring, diversion, and termination of a flight in compliance with all documented policies, procedures and OpSpecs, including the issuance of commands to a Zip when appropriate
- Managing Zip traffic departing from, and arriving at the Nest
- Coordinating with Visual Observers, as required
- Maintain full authority for the safe and efficient conduct of flight operations.
- Based on the needs of your facility, you may also receive training and certification to conduct loading, preflight inspection, launch, and recovery phases of flight
- Participate in monthly safety meetings, emergency drills, and recurrent training
- Other duties as assigned by the flight operations lead
What You'll Bring
- Must have an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC)
- 1+ years working in the UAS space
- Some experience in a manned aviation organization
- Possess a current second-class medical
- A positive attitude, driven to solve problems and support teammates
- Must be able to travel as necessary
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to pass a background and pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Random drug and alcohol testing is ongoing after initial employment.