Software Test Engineer
Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution: We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of autonomous drones, and all ground-based equipment that supports flight, to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people on multiple continents. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Do you want to change the world? Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE:
Zipline is looking for a Software Test Engineer to plan, execute, and analyze our flight software tests. You will work across the software stack to ultimately help ship higher quality software, faster. No two days will be the same, and your impact will be felt throughout our organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop new test strategies and campaigns for testing software leading to a new release. This includes creating new simulation scenarios, developing new hardware-in-the-loop tests, and creating flight test cards that exercise new and existing software features.
- Determine and execute risk mitigation efforts for flight tests, including fleet data analysis, simulation, and determining sufficient build up requirements for high-risk tests.
- Assist flight operations in real time during test execution
- Own post-test data analysis to determine if tests passed or failed
- Create new automation focused on test data analysis
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 6+ years of relevant experience working with production software or software validation
- 3+ years of professional experience working in physical vehicle test environments (flight, automotive, etc)
- The ability to navigate codebases and understand system interactions from code
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting languages
- Expertise in one of: embedded systems, autonomy, perception, validation, flight test
- A meticulous attitude towards testing, validation, and rollout of safety-critical software
- Experience creating automated test suites that leverage simulation and hardware-in-the-loop test environments
NICE TO HAVES:
- Proficiency in C++, Rust, or other modern programming languages
- Experience leveraging requirement management tools to improve traceability between tests and requirements
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
The starting cash range for this role is $130,000 - $165,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!