Software Engineering Lead - Customer Platform
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About the Role
Our Customer Platform teams build web applications and services for the many customers Zipline serves, from fulfillment operators and customer care agents in our warehouses, delivery integrations and tools for our partners, to mobile and web applications for our healthcare workers and customers placing on-demand orders.
As a Software Engineering Lead, you’ll lead a team of engineers and partner with product managers, designers, stakeholders, and directly with end users to build products that our customers love. In addition to expanding our Platform 1 long range drones globally, we’re rapidly bringing our Platform 2 ultra-precise drone delivery to market.
Forward Looking Technical Leadership
- Develop and communicate a strategic, extensible, and scalable technical roadmap that aligns with business objectives
- Set clear, measurable goals, responsibilities, and performance standards for individuals and the team
- Be accountable for the overall performance and outcomes of your engineering team
- Demonstrate expertise in software engineering best practices and guide the team in implementing them
Inspirational Team Building
- Attract and retain top engineering talent to build a productive, diverse, and highly engaged team
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture, encouraging open communication, teamwork, and mutual respect
- Coach, mentor and professionally develop your team
Results-oriented Project Management
- Set clear objectives, milestones, and effectively manage resources to achieve business objectives
- Adapt to changing priorities and effectively handle project challenges, setting and resetting expectations appropriately.
- Successfully deliver projects on time while ensuring quality standards
Developer Experience Champion
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and innovation to optimize efficiency and productivity
- Implement software development methodologies and best practices to ensure high-quality deliverables
What You'll Bring
- 9+ years experience in software engineering
- 3+ years as an Engineering Manager or similar leadership role directly managing teams of 3+ engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and executive leadership
- Passion and excitement about the mission and purpose of Zipline
Nice to Have
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable, extensible architectures for high-traffic, customer-facing applications
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining external APIs
What else you need to know
The starting cash range for this role is $170,000 - $210,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.