Senior Staff Accountant - Fixed Assets and Inventory Accounting
About You and The Role
We are a fast-growing team with abundant opportunities to develop and improve processes in accounting and reporting. As a Senior Accounting Analyst, you will own Fixed Asset and Inventory Accounting and be a key contributor to the monthly close and prepare Zipline for its first external audit. You will identify and implement process improvements, prepare standard and ad hoc reports, and collaborate with the operations and strategic finance teams.
What You'll Do
- Primary owner of fixed assets – recording additions, retirements, and transfers.
- Manage annual physical verification of all fixed assets and record all adjustments.
- Implement FAM (Fixed Asset) module in NetSuite.
- Identify process improvements to streamline fixed asset recording and reporting.
- Record monthly journal entries to properly record inventory movements.
- Review newly released inventory items and update the system with the correct cost.
- Conduct BOM roll-ups, analyze changes in the costs to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare quarterly cycle count reports and schedule review meetings. Conduct audits as needed.
- Coordinate and manage the annual physical inventory, if required.
- Prepare and gather information and reports requested by auditors.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Travel to company sites to assist with projects and inventories.
Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions for process changes related to inventory and fixed assets
- Foster good working relationships with external and internal customers.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (plus)
- 5+ years accounting experience (public accounting – plus)
- Working experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Cost Accounting experience with Weighted Average, Standard Costing or FIFO
- Cycle count or physical inventory experience
- Fixed asset or inventory system implementation experience
- MS Office proficient, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong ability to analyze problems and think critically for practical solutions
- Experience with NetSuite, Tipalti, Odoo, Mode (plus)
- Detail oriented with strong organization, communication (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and adapt to change.
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate information quickly and a deep desire to learn and succeed