Operations Data Project Manager, Aviation Sustainment
About You and The Role
Monitoring the in-field performance of our aircraft and ground equipment, identifying trending issues and launching projects that enable targeted improvements to cost, reliability and operational availability of our fleet will be at the forefront of Zipline’s aviation sustainment efforts as we embark on transformational change in the coming months.
As an Operations Project Manager on our Aviation Sustainment team, you will be responsible for leading these efforts and prescribing an evolutionary roadmap for how Zipline’s global network of distribution centers conducts its aircraft and ground equipment sustainment activities. You will have full ownership over maintenance and operational data analysis and insights, including availability and optimization of spare parts inventories. You’ll drive projects across multiple geographies - North America, Africa, Europe - and touch multiple domains - reliability, maintenance, field upgrades, and inventory management. If you are goal-oriented, results-driven and data-centric, you’ll thrive here.
What You'll Do
- Deep dive into our field data, create intuitive visualizations, and present actionable insights to a variety of stakeholders.
- Build predictive models that help us map the service life of our aircraft, engineered ground systems and major subassemblies.
- Architect the North America, Europe and Africa inventory stocking locations: Identify where spare parts should be localized, regionalized or held globally.
- Complete risk pooling calculations based on service life models to inform decisions for regional or global risk pools.
- Create high quality metrics and reporting to track reliability, operational availability, and maintenance costs of our fleet, identify opportunities for focused containment and root causing efforts, and measure the success of improvement projects and initiatives.
- Manage a variety of projects, spanning small requests for operational data and analysis to recurring reviews of fleetwide operational metrics with cross-functional stakeholders and executive leadership.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations, logistics, E-commerce, or manufacturing.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python (including basic stats packages, e.g. scipy), and data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau, or Looker.
- Comfort with project management methodologies, including scoping, planning, executing, and closing projects.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies, tools, and data sources on the job.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a high degree of uncertainty.
- Skill in working with stakeholders to anticipate their needs, find the best way to answer a question or solve a problem, and proactively communicate project status.
- Strong aptitude and interest in aviation or related subject matter.
- Passion for making a positive impact in the world through innovative technology and solutions.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- The ability to travel 5-10% of the time
What Else You Need to Know
Something looks off?