Inventory Planner Aircraft and Ground Equipment
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
About You and The Role
Zipline is looking for an Inventory Planner to oversee the health of operational spare parts worldwide and work with Production Planning and Logistics Teams to ensure that stock levels remain within acceptable limits. As an Inventory Planner, you will create forecasts for and manage inventory levels of spare parts at our worldwide network of distribution centers, design process improvements and next generation planning systems, and perform data analytics for Global Supply Chain Operations.
What You'll Do
- Using flight volume forecasts and consumption rates, define minimum and maximum inventory levels for aircraft and ground equipment spare parts for each Zipline distribution center to support operational demand, minimize transportation costs and optimize inventory levels.
- Develop methods to monitor current and forecasted inventory health; take early corrective action to ensure that inventory levels remain above minimums.
- Using historical consumption rates, identify consumption rate to be used for demand planning activities and establish a closed-loop system to monitor efficacy of consumption rate assumptions and modify as necessary to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Using consumption rate data, identify optimum stock levels, including regionalized stock, for aircraft and ground equipment spares.
- Provide field inventory position inputs to aircraft and production planning teams to inform production planning and Sales Orders.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 4 years experience in production, demand or supply planning roles, or 2 years experience combined with a Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, Engineering or Computer Science fields.
- Proficient in advanced MS Excel features: Queries, Power Pivots.
- Experience with data visualization tools: Google Data Studio, Tableau, Mode.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable communicating with Senior Management.
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $80,000 - 110,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Something looks off?