Senior Hardware Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Hardware team, you will lead design and development on Verkada’s newest products. Verkada’s Hardware Engineers own all aspects of the EE design and validation, working directly with our JDM partners to ship cutting-edge products.
- Architect and define new hardware products in collaboration with the product and mechanical engineering team
- Engage with our silicon vendors to stay on top of emerging technologies and future releases
- Own schematic and layout development based on the architecture you have created
- Quickly prototype new products for proof of concept study
- Build and execute a robust test plan by leveraging resources at our JDM/ODM partners
- Lead JDM teams to efficiently and effectively complete programs
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 8+ years experience in designing new electronics products.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?