Staff Frontend Engineer - Alarms & Intrusion
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
About the Alarms Team:
As a member of the Alarms engineering team, you will be responsible for building compelling user experiences for one of Verkada’s major new product categories. This is an opportunity to take ownership over software products which keep our customers protected in times of critical need.
You’ll be working alongside a small, dynamic team of frontend, backend and firmware engineers to develop these experiences. Our team operates as a startup within a startup, so you can expect a lot of autonomy and impact on the direction of the Alarms product category.
If you are an experienced, frontend or full-stack engineer who is excited about building new ways to keep people safe and secure, then we want to hear from you.
Your Day to Day:
- Build best-in-class product experiences across our Command web platform (React) and our mobile applications (React Native)
- Work closely with product, design and the rest of our engineering team to create features which delight users and customers
- Help mentor other engineers
- Contribute to other parts of the stack (e.g. our backend services), if that interests you
Experience and Education:
- Strong architectural understanding of custom components, custom UI, and cross-browser support
- Eye for design, product details, and polish
- Understanding of HTTP and practical debugging techniques
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Experience with React Native and mobile development
- Experience with Redux and Webpack
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.