Embedded Automated Test & Test System Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
We’re growing incredibly fast, and so is our fleet of our products like cameras, access control, alarms, sensors. A QA engineer at Verkada owns the behavior of our products in the field and is responsible for keeping them running reliably - key to a company like ours! The QA Engineer, and their team of reliability engineers, verify new code releases against a set of test cases, grow the test suite, monitor devices in the field, and are responsible for rolling out new updates - in short, everything related to keeping deployed devices running smoothly.
- Define / create automated test system architecture for embedded systems like Access Control, Cameras, Sensors, Alarms etc.
- Take part in choosing technologies used in automated test system
- Together with a team build CI system, choose technology, set all things up, develop needed scripts etc.
- Together with the team define, develop automated test cases, create test strategy,
- Lead automated test case development in a cross-functional engineering team.
- Create test suites for smoke tests, performance tests, functional testing etc.
- Together with the team set up test management solutions, test results reporting (preferred highly automated options)
- +5 years of experience in testing hardware devices / embedded systems / software testing
- Experience in building CI systems for embedded platforms
- Experience in creating test strategy,
- Experience in designing and developing automated test cases for hardware devices, ex. HIL
- Proficient in Python
- Linux user
- Knowledge of GitHub
Nice to Haves
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Basic usage of lab equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope etc. )
- Wireless communication protocols (NFC, Bluetooth, UWB)
- BDD methodology (Gherkin syntax)
- C / C++ / Go programming
- Bash scripting
- TeamCity, GitHub Actions
Perks and Benefits
- Health care allowance
- Daily Lunches
- Wellness / Fitness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Professional development budget
- Fun Found / person
- 26 days off + additional company wide paid holidays
- Company shares
- B2B contract (with all above perks & benefits) or regular employment contract (UoP)
At Verkada Poland, we are building a different type of team culture. You'll work on small teams that have autonomy and strong impact on projects they are working on. On our team, you'll find a strong feel of belonging, partnership-oriented working style and most importantly, you'll be part of a team who really cares about what they do with people you can rely on. What you won't find is any place for politics or toxic behavior. We genuinely care about our team and our colleagues.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.