Director of Product Marketing, Cameras
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
As the Director of Product Marketing, Cameras, you will oversee go-to-market strategy, product launches, and overall messaging and positioning for our security cameras product line, which is Verkada’s largest business unit by revenue. With already six major camera series serving a wide range of use cases, we are constantly adding new camera types as well as functionality to our core software platform across object and motion detection, analytics, and more. In this role, you will partner closely with both the Product and Engineering teams to deeply understand new camera specifications, develop content on value props and use cases, and provide selling materials and enablement for go-to-market teams.
Due to the size of our existing cameras product portfolio as well as our plans for growth, we expect this individual to hire, manage, and professionally develop a small team of PMMs. Reporting directly to the VP of Product Marketing, this is a high-visibility, high-ownership role that will interact regularly with senior leadership and contribute directly to our ambitious growth goals.
- Develop product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging for our cameras products based on user research, market insights, and internal product knowledge
- Partner with the Product Management team to set go-to-market strategy for our cameras business, including targeted markets, pricing and packaging, product rollout and marketing strategy.
- Bring new cameras products to market by taking the lead on launches - planning, creating/managing deliverables and timelines in order to maximize impact
- Work closely with Brand, Creative and Demand Generation teams to increase market presence and drive pipeline through key outbound assets (video, webinars, thought leadership, email nurture, etc).
- Partner with Channel and Sales Enablement teams to effectively position our camera products, leveraging internal tools and developing assets that help improve win rates
- Become a subject matter expert on our camera products, as well as an evangelist and cross-functional leader who unites marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results.
- Hire, manage, and professionally develop a team of product marketers focused on cameras
- 8+ years of product marketing (or similar) experience, or prior management consulting experience
- Preferably 2+ years of managing a team of individual contributors
- Strong ability to write clearly and concisely for various audiences, including the ability to write technical content
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources including customer interviews, conversations with Product team members, sales calls, etc, and then hone in on the top insights
- Ability to help drive creative and content efforts across the marketing organization
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams including Product, Engineering, Sales, Creative, and Marketing
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting to strategic and executive teams
- Bachelor’s required, MBA is a plus, but not required
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $175,000 – $250,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.