Manager, Contract Strategy and Operations
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada has established itself as a leader in the physical security space for both Local Government and Education and will continue to expand in this vertical, as well as State and Federal sales. In these verticals, customers rely heavily on various government / cooperative contracts to vet the vendors and accelerate the sales cycle. As such, Verkada has invested heavily in contract support, and is looking for an experienced leader who will create our contract strategy and drive its implementation.
- Create and implement Verkada’s contract strategy, including: 1. Research on major federal, state, and regional contracts 2. Determine the appropriate Verkada response for these contracts 3. Create a contract roadmap and 4. Drive the implementation of strategic contract opportunities with the most significant impact on the business.
- Maintain a complete and accurate tracking system of all contracts, schedules, and purchasing agreements and the opportunities associated with them.
- Ensure compliance with existing terms, conditions, and record-keeping requirements for each federal, state, and local contract.
- Analyze legal risks within contracts, and know when appropriate to escalate to the legal team or to external resources, as necessary, for further evaluation or approval.
- Analyze law, regulation, and contract trends for potential impact on sales goals and objectives.
- Train, counsel and provide guidance to management and internal sales teams on contract-related issues.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the state, local, and federal government contract space.
- Manage a team of contract specialists to provide contract support to Verkada partners and sales representatives.
- Extensive knowledge of major contracts including PEPPM, NASPO, CMAS, OETC, TIPS, OMNIA, and various state contracts
- Deep expertise in Federal contracts, and experience working with partners in this space e.g. Carahsoft.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience building and managing contract management tools (including Salesforce), and processes.
- Work efficiently with a client-service focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.