iOS Engineer - University Graduate 2024
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Come join one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley! Verkada is looking for an iOS Engineering intern to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. As part of the iOS Engineering team, you will collaborate cross functionally to support the entire iOS application lifecycle, for both existing and new applications, enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Support the entire iOS application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast paced environment for both existing and new mobile applications.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to elaborate, design, and implement new features.
- Work in iterative sprints to design, develop and test solutions.
- Build automation and tests to streamline development.
- Continually improve your craft as a software engineer by learning and leveraging the latest design patterns, principles and technology.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, something similar or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth understanding of Swift, SwiftUI/UIKit and iOS SDK.
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
- Experience working with backend server APIs.
- Solid UI development and unit testing skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well alongside engineers of all levels.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.