Compensation and Analytics Analyst
IT, Data Science
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
As the first hire on the Compensation Analytics team, you will take on various cross-functional projects partnering closely with Accounting, Finance, People Operations and various levels of management at the company. You will help drive projects that analyze and constantly improve compensation planning, designing equity award programs across verkada. This is a high visibility role to the executive team.
- Compensation Analytics & Planning: own and refine Verkada’s global compensation strategy for the company as the business scales; develop and document compensation guidelines, policies and ongoing training programs, define requirements and project manage compensation software systems.
- Market analysis: use market intelligence and data to ensure the market competitiveness of our cash pay, equity pay and benefits for our roles globally during our phase of rapid growth.
- Functional partnership: partner with Finance, People Partners, Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and Executives on pay decisions, compensation process & policies, and job evaluation.
- Workflow management: Build tools and processes to streamline all compensation workflows, from job posting to internal approvals to offer signature
- Reporting: help develop and track critical compensation reporting metrics for the Executive team and managers, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders to help manage overall compensation costs.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with raw smarts, strong business acumen who can approach complex problems, dive deep, and solve them from start to finish. No experience with compensation required
- Strong analytical skills: you have a data-driven mentality and high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Cross-functional communication: you’ll need to connect and partner with stakeholders ranging from sales reps to software engineers to effectively implement our financial strategy and processes. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build new processes as the company scales
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.