VP of Demand Generation (AMER)
Sales & Business Development
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
At Verkada, we're known to push traditional boundaries, and our B2B marketing efforts are no exception. As the VP of Demand Generation (AMER), you'll be in charge of building and managing a team of entrepreneurial marketers with a wide variety of career experience across science/engineering, investment banking, corporate strategy, in addition to growth marketing and startup experience. As we challenge traditional B2B marketing ideology and build a uniquely scalable lead generation machine, we hope to hire a hands-on builder with strong ability to scale teams, high EQ and brainpower that is passionate to make an immediate impact. You’ll navigate unforeseen obstacles in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and will report directly to the CMO and work alongside the exec team. This is the perfect opportunity to have full ownership over the biggest and most quantitative segment in marketing, which is responsible for Verkada’s growth trajectory as a whole.
This role requires that you be on-site at our HQ in San Mateo, CA 5 days a week.
- Build and mold high caliber teams that can conceptualize and execute on demand generation strategies that can consistently source close to half of our sales bookings in the Americas segment.
- Scale our growth marketing efforts, define and improve KPIs, manage a significant (and growing) acquisition budget, and assume responsibility for exceeding pipeline goals each quarter.
- Create authentic messaging and promotions with our creative team that move prospects quickly through the funnel.
- Conceptualize and test new experimental campaigns that can help drive revenue at higher efficiency as we scale.
- Positively engage with a fast-growing Sales team and leadership to ensure marketing efforts convert into real opportunities down the funnel.
- Leverage key channels such as digital advertising, web marketing, paid search, email marketing, nurturing, webinars, direct mail, events, field activities, outbound calling and more.
- Proven leader with deep experience leading large, global demand generation or growth organizations and marketing campaigns.
- At least 12 years experience of work experience, with 5+ years in an executive leadership position in B2B Marketing and oversight of demand generation annual budgets north of 8 digits.
- At least 3 years in Director role or currently a VP
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize multiple world class teams (manager of managers)
- Impeccable quantitative ability and analytical skills.
- A hacker’s type mentality full of curiosity and creativity (obsessed with solving puzzles and never gives up)
- Strong project management and organization skills with attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work cross-departmentally to prioritize multiple initiatives with various conflicting stakeholders.
- Strong ability to hire and manage the top 5% of candidates and leaders.
- English business fluency in both written and oral communication
- Inbox 0 type personality + roll up your sleeves type mentality.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $200,000 - 350,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.