Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead - Sydney, Australia
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Who You Are
Verkada is looking for a highly technical Team Lead to develop our skilled technical support engineering team in our Sydney office. The technical support engineering team supports our growing enterprise customer base and is responsible for troubleshooting the entire suite of Verkada products.
In this player-coach role, you will be troubleshooting complex customer environments and educating customers on system installation and configuration. You will be collaborating with the engineering and product teams to identify and resolve bugs while providing crucial feedback to drive product improvement. As a Team Lead, you will be mentoring other engineers on a wide range of subjects including case and escalation management, communication strategies, and the Verkada technology suite.
If you want to make an impact and advance your leadership career in the cloud-managed IoT space, we'd love to hear from you!
- Full-stack troubleshooting of the entire Verkada platform including network, hardware, software, and electrical issues
- Provide best practice design, installation, and configuration expertise to enterprise customers
- Communicate technical matters to customers and teammates, both orally and in writing
- Own customer issues and escalations from creation to resolution
- Assist other engineers with case escalations
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs
- Write technical knowledge base articles and whitepapers
- Build tools and processes that will scale
- Mentor and lead other team members
- 5+ years professional experience in a technical support engineering or related IT role
- Leadership experience, either as a team lead or as a mentor to other engineers
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals: HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP, 802.11, firewalls, Ethernet/Cabling, PoE, and software systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related technical discipline: Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Cybersecurity from an accredited college
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Industry certifications: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+
- Experience with electrical devices, Linux, APIs, Python, or other coding languages
Sydney Office Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Generous medical, vision, & dental insurance coverage
• Fertility benefits
• Fitness/wellness allowance
• Monthly commuter benefits
• Daily allowance for in-office meals
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.