Lead Product Manager, Alarms - Core
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
The Alarms team builds products to prevent crime and keep people safe in emergencies. Customers use our devices, software, and virtual guard service to detect and respond to immediate threats ranging from criminal activity to environmental disasters. Join us to develop technology that makes the world a safer place.
As the Product Manager for Alarms Core, your specific product scope will include:
Core experience: Alarm software platform, including site configuration and alarm rules engine.
Virtual guard: How we protect sites with remote professional monitoring.
Visualization + Reporting: Helping customers manage system health and gain insights from historical events.
- Launching new products and features in collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Gathering customer feedback and digging into customer use cases to understand their needs and to prioritize feature development.
- Defining internal processes and tracking metrics to optimize customer experience.
- Training and educating our Sales team on new product features and releases.
- Partnering with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts.
- Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing.
- Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business oriented function
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or quantitative field.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers and customers alike.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Experience as a startup founder or selling enterprise products is a bonus.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
Expanded mental health support
Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
Professional development stipend
Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $90,000 - $200,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.