Sales Onboarding Specialist
Sales & Business Development
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is building a world class sales team, and at the forefront of their success is their onboarding experience. We are seeking a highly organized and efficient Sales Onboarding Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the logistics and onboarding process for new sales representatives. You will work closely with the new hires to ensure that they are fully trained and equipped with the knowledge and tools they need to be successful in their roles. To be successful in this role you need a great level of attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively, and be able to see the bigger picture of an onboarding program in order to tweak it according to changing priorities. The goal of this role is to become well acquainted with our sales processes and tools, and eventually grow into another enablement role.
- Own and manage a cohort of new hires through the 2-week onboarding program, where you will coordinate, facilitate, and train new hires to be proficient on selling Verkada.
- Ensure all onboarding logistics are in line before, during and after each onboarding cohort to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for our new hires across the sales organization.
- Become familiar with the content and have a solid understanding of our products, sales motion, and methodologies in order to further develop and help deliver training materials, including product demos and sales tools tutorials (ie. Salesforce, Outreach, Zoominfo), as well as certify onboarding reps on their own learning.
- Assist with identifying opportunities to develop new tracks for different levels of sellers across the organization.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, Sales Ops, and other internal teams to continue to innovate and improve the onboarding experience and process through effective content. You will oversee and measure effectiveness of our program and make adjustments as content changes occur.
- Own and coordinate the onboarding calendar and communications from end-to-end, ensuring that speakers and attendees know where to be and when.
- Monitor and track progress of new reps during their onboarding period, and communicate feedback effectively to new reps as well as their managers as needed.
- Help manage and support tools and resources that support our onboarding program such as our checklists and maintain updated knowledge within our internal Sales Manager Hub, whilst helping to track which resources are most-used.
- Passion for teaching people new concepts, skills and programs.
- 1+ years relevant work experience in sales, sales training, or related field.
- Great communication skills and able to command a room when giving presentations.
- Primarily a self-starter, but you aren’t afraid to ask for direction.
- A knack for outlining processes in the simplest way possible in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Outreach, Zoominfo or other similar sales tools is preferable.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $70,000 – $130,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?