Hardware Engineer (Taiwan)
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Hardware team, you will lead the design and development of Verkada’s newest products. Verkada’s Hardware Engineers own all aspects of electrical engineering and validation, working directly with our JDM partners to ship cutting-edge products.
- Lead electrical engineering for new products from initial proof of concept through to mass production.
- Collaborate with an international team of hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, and product managers to develop new products.
- Own component selection, schematic and layout development based on the architecture you have created.
- Quickly prototype new product concepts for mock-up builds and proof of concept studies. Get hands-on with board bring-up, debug, testing and validation.
- Build and execute robust test plans by leveraging resources at our JDM/ODM partners. Lead root cause analysis efforts related to EMC, surge, thermal, RF testing and more.
- Lead JDM teams to efficiently and effectively complete programs. Work closely with manufacturing partners to steer hardware designs through design and validation builds (EVT, DVT, PVT) and into mass production.
- Work on-site with manufacturing partners to review designs, run experiments, and troubleshoot issues in our factories.
- Assist in compliance efforts, sustaining work for new products, and post-launch failure analysis efforts.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical design, validation and manufacturing.
- 4+ years of experience in developing and manufacturing new electronics products.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English and Mandarin.
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
Benefits - The group insurance is from Nan Shan and includes:
- The group insurance is from Nan Shan and includes:
- Critical Illness
- Hospital & Surgical
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accidental Medical Reimbursement
- Cancer Indemnity
- Fitness and Wellness Subsidy
- Commuter Benefit
- Lunch Stipend
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?