Software Engineer, Special Projects
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Our marketing team prides itself on using a first principles approach to unlock new ways of scaling campaigns. Using engineering to overcome obstacles and scale/automate processes, we dare experiment where most marketing teams fall short or lack skill sets. As a Software Engineer on the marketing team you will architect and own the systems and processes that power marketing campaigns that directly accelerate revenue growth.
- Translate business problem requirements into an engineering solution and execute on it!
- Decide when to build from scratch and when to use existing tools.
- Learn new languages and frameworks quickly.
- Work closely with the core software engineering team to integrate our product with our back end systems.
- Utilize your deep engineering expertise to develop platforms, workflows, and automations supporting new out-of-the-box growth experiments that drive direct revenue impact.
- Unlock complicated blockers via engineering skillsets that prevent marketers from achieving scale or efficiency.
- No marketing experience needed.
- 2+ years working experience in SWE role or equivalent.
- 4 year CS degree or relevant work experience.
- Linux, K8s, Go / Rust / C++ / Java, web framework (Django/Rocket/Revel/etc) preferred, but not required.
- Some experience with AWS Serverless Infrastructure a bonus!
- First principles thinking, ambition, positive attitude.
- Experience working in agile teams.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?