Software Engineering, Design
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As we continue to publish our story and highlight the unique benefits of our products to our customers, Verkada’s Web team is looking for a web designer to strengthen our digital presence. We are looking for a specialist with expertise in the unique challenges of designing performant, accessible and scalable websites that showcase the simplicity and elegance of our entire product portfolio.
As a Web Designer, you will be responsible for helping design the overall layout and aesthetic for the Verkada website and microsite. You will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders across Marketing, Brand and Design to conceptualize original website design ideas to running tests to preview layouts and website features.
- Design and maintain Verkada corporate website and all microsites.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and product marketing managers in a highly agile development environment with quick ideation and prototyping.
- Create mock-ups of the site for stakeholder approval.
- Design pixel perfect designs for mobile and other devices.
- 4+ years of expert level experience in mobile-first web UI/UX.
- Proficient in building responsive websites.
- Attention to detail and a good sense of micro-animations.
- Good understanding of websites in general.
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop and Illustrator).
- Good understanding of creating and/or following a grid system and design guideline.
- Able to conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and efficiency to complex problems.
- Worked previously with in-house design and development teams.
- Can express ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Comfortable in a high-growth startup, can balance many simultaneous projects, and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Experience working with design systems.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?