Technical Product Manager - Data
About the role:
From a product perspective, we’ve been able to impact these missions because we collect data that DoD doesn’t have the ability to access. Your role will be critical in figuring out what we should collect from a mission standpoint and working with engineering to collect it. You will be responsible for building strategic data partnerships that win deals and establishing data governance that assures Vannevar Labs is a responsible steward of mission-critical data.
What you'll do in the first 6 months
- Partner with the vertical team responsible for our biggest deal of 2024. Having the right data in our products is a critical prerequisite for customer success and winning big deals. It’s the difference between “this is interesting” and “we need this now”.
- Drive data strategy for other products, including Decrypt. Enable teams to optimally determine short-term tactical prioritization and long-term strategic investment in data collection that supports their customers and provides the highest ROI.
- Propose innovations in our approach to data process, tooling, and organization that allow us to scale as we grow. With your deep expertise and cross-cutting vision across teams, you will have the unique ability to identify key optimizations.
What you'll do long term
- Enable cross-functional collaboration between vertically oriented teams forward deployed onto mission-focused problems and backend support engineering and intel teams
- Verify that our data collection tactical and strategic efforts are being properly prioritized to maximize mission impact
- Build key partnerships with customer and government data providers to gain access to unique data sources that provide net new capabilities for Vannevar and our customers
- Manage data governance policies and capabilities that enable Vannevar to be responsible stewards of diverse multimodal multi-source collections
- Ensure that engineering teams supporting collection are prioritizing efforts that result in the highest return on investment
- Start with the mission first - biased towards focusing on customers and users to drive priority. Excellent at decomposing mission problems into the data necessary to answer those problems
- Creative in identifying niche sources that we can collect to answer those mission problems
- Great at partnering cross-functionally with engineering and mission to prioritize what we collect
- Ability to define a product roadmap and user stories, and partner with an engineering team to get them done
- Great at building productive partnerships with third-party business or government entities
- Combining data-driven decision making with product intuition about what data will provide massive capability improvement for our customers
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO