Mission Success Lead
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Vannevar Labs builds next generation defense software for the public servants keeping our country safe. As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
This mission has become urgent. Ukraine is engaged in a war for survival with Russia. China regularly flies nuclear-capable bombers into Taiwan and Japan’s airspace. The US and our allies are fighting a war of deterrence with woefully outdated technology. We build software to support these missions, including providing battlefield information to allies, identifying malign activity, and helping the US deter and deescalate conflict.
We are a profitable growth startup with some of the best defense investors in the world, including General Catalyst, DFJ Growth, Point72, and enterprise tech investors Costanoa and Felicis.
About the role
We are looking for a Mission Success Lead to execute on our deployments and deliver great technology outcomes to our defense and national security partners at Vannevar. This position will report to a Mission Success Manager aligned to one of our pods. These pods focus on launching foothold pilots, converting pilots into larger projects, and embedding those projects within existing programs or inventing new ones within the national security space.
We're looking for someone who brings experience and intuition to deploying new defense products with the Department of Defense. You are a mission domain expert with mission user experience, intelligence domain knowledge, or military service. You understand our partners' needs and challenges because you lived them. You are a motivated problem solver who takes ownership, acts with urgency, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You like a challenge, and you don’t quit. As a Mission Success Lead, you will execute on the delivery strategy on our current deployments and new footholds as we develop them to deliver unit-changing mission outcomes for our defense partners through the technology we deploy.
What you'll do
- Own the delivery of capabilities outlined within contracted periods of performances (POPs); whether it be a 6-month pilot, 12-month period of performance, or multi-year program of record.
- Go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations, and over-deliver to the point where continuing to partner with us is a no-brainer.
- Deeply understand the mission sets and pain points of our users so that we can tackle their challenges using a combination of Vannevar’s capabilities.
- Go to where the users are. To best understand how Vannevar can provide value, we need to sit in the same spaces as our users.
- Help us build world-class software. While product and engineering teams speak with customers directly, mission success is often our eyes and ears for on-the-ground reality. You will bring this expertise back to the rest of the company to ensure we are developing disruptive capabilities for our user base.
- Direct resources as needed, whether that be onsite embedded personnel, product managers, engineers or other mission personnel. You will need to be able to influence cross-team members to direct the appropriate resources to customer objectives.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years experience deploying SaaS software.
- A mission domain expert with 5+ years of mission user experience, intelligence domain knowledge, or military service. You understand our partners' needs and challenges because you lived them.'
- A motivated problem solver who takes ownership, acts with urgency, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You like a challenge, and you don’t quit.
- Previous experience owning customer renewal and expansion cycles
- U.S. Person status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems.
- Must have an active Top Secret Security Clearance or have held one previously. Ability to receive an SCI nomination is required
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$170,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!