Mission Development Manager
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Vannevar Labs builds next generation defense software for the public servants keeping our country safe. As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
This mission has become urgent. Ukraine is engaged in a war for survival with Russia. China regularly flies nuclear-capable bombers into Taiwan and Japan’s airspace. The US and our allies are fighting a war of deterrence with woefully outdated technology. We build software to support these missions, including providing battlefield information to allies, identifying malign activity, and helping the US deter and deescalate conflict.
We are a profitable growth startup with some of the best defense investors in the world, including General Catalyst, DFJ Growth, Point72, and enterprise tech investors Costanoa and Felicis.
About the role
We are looking for a Mission Development Manager to pursue go-to market strategies and deliver significant growth outcomes at Vannevar. This position will report to a Senior Mission Development Manager aligned to one of our growth pods. These pods focus on launching foothold pilots, converting pilots into larger projects, and embedding those projects within existing programs or inventing new ones within the national security space.
As a Mission Development Manager, you will lead execution of a growth strategy for expanding current deployments and developing new national security deployments. The intended growth trajectory of this role is to develop into a Senior Manager leading a pod or sets of pods to deliver on major growth outcomes within 12-18 months of joining the company.
What you'll do
- Execute on strategies. Pursue go-to market strategies that will drive a set of deployments from new footholds to embed in current defense programs and develop into new category-defining programs.
- Deliver growth outcomes. Execute on this strategy with your pod to deliver growth from concept through contract close.
- Must have an active Security Clearance or have held one previously.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years delivering growth within a technology or products context
- Demonstrated ability to convert pilots
- Mission domain experience in national security technology
- You bring experience and intuition to growing defense product deployments from small-scale pilots into larger projects with the Department of Defense.
- You have mission domain expertise in national security technology.
- You are hungry to work in a national security startup where you can build a team and drive significant growth through creative approaches, deep understanding of our technologies and their applications to strategic competition with nation states, and relentless ground game.
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $170,000-$190,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!