Mission Development Lead
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Vannevar Labs builds next generation defense software for the public servants keeping our country safe. As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
This mission has become urgent. Ukraine is engaged in a war for survival with Russia. China regularly flies nuclear-capable bombers into Taiwan and Japan’s airspace. The US and our allies are fighting a war of deterrence with woefully outdated technology. We build software to support these missions, including providing battlefield information to allies, identifying malign activity, and helping the US deter and deescalate conflict.
We are a profitable growth startup with some of the best defense investors in the world, including General Catalyst, DFJ Growth, Point72, and enterprise tech investors Costanoa and Felicis.
About the role
- Develop mission engagements. You will identify DoD mission groups that need our technology and develop partnerships with them to drive deployments of our software in support of their mission.
- Scope and implement pilots with our partners. You will help each mission group determine the scope of a pilot engagement and navigate the group's internal bureaucracy to implement the pilot.
- Expand successful pilots into larger projects. You will convert the pilot's tangible outcomes generated by our mission success team in partnership with the mission group into a shared roadmap for expanding the pilot into a sustained capability.
What you'll do
- Get our software into the hands of mission users who need it by identifying mission groups with a problem our technology can solve and enabling them understand the technology's value
- Work hands-on with our partners to help them navigate complex organizational, contracting and budget pathways to implement a pilot or project
- Enable DoD senior-level visibility on mission wins generated through our pilots and projects and develop a shared roadmap with our partners for converting these mission wins into larger-scale projects
What we're looking for
- A motivated problem solver who takes ownership, acts with urgency, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You like a challenge, and you don’t quit.
- A mission domain expert with DoD mission user experience, domain knowledge, or military service. You understand our partners' organizational constructs and challenges because you lived them.
- U.S. Persons status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems with the ability to obtain security clearance.
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$170,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!