Senior UX Designer
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Turvo provides the world’s leading collaboration application designed specifically for the supply chain. Turvo connects people and organizations allowing shippers, logistics providers, and carriers to unite their supply chains, deliver outstanding customer experiences, collaborate in real-time, and accelerate growth. The technology unifies all systems, internal and external, providing one end-to-end solution to execute all operations and analytics while eliminating redundant manual tasks and automating business processes. Turvo customers include some of the world’s largest, Fortune 500 logistics service providers, shippers and freight brokers. Turvo is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Hyderabad, India. (www.turvo.com)
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior UX/Product Designer to join our team. Our platform connects shippers, brokers, and carriers and provides tools and technology to make their lives easier.
You should be a design generalist with years of experience leading end-to-end design in cross-functional teams. You love to collaborate, and always keep the user at the center of your design process. You embrace remote work and async communication, have high standards for design, and are relentlessly curious. This role reports to the Senior Manager of User Experience (who reports to Vice President of Product).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in UX team meetings and contribute to our culture and process.
- Deeply understand our customers and users needs and the problems we are prioritizing.
- Articulate those needs via UX artifacts like user stories, story maps, and journey maps.
- Ideate on solutions in low fidelity and gather feedback from stakeholders, peers, and cross-functional partners.
- Prototype designs in high fidelity, creating UI that is usable, desirable, and accessible.
- Test potential solutions with customers and users to reduce the risk of building the wrong thing.
- Participate in design critique, sharing your work and providing thoughtful and constructive feedback on the work of your peers.
- Build relationships, and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams; Over-communicate, keeping teams aligned and stakeholders, peers, and cross-functional partners informed.
- Challenge Product Managers and Engineers on decisions that compromise the design or user experience.
- Partner with researchers to test potential solutions with customers.
- Plan projects, manage your time, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Attend scrum meetings to answer questions about designs and review work in progress.
- Test completed features to ensure the implementation aligns with the intended design and meets quality standards.
- Mentor other designers, set an example, and be a champion of UX.
- 5+ years designing SaaS products for web and mobile, preferably in the B2B space.
- An advanced degree in a design discipline (Interaction Design, HCI, etc) is nice, but the equivalent in additional experience is just as good.
- A portfolio that demonstrates this experience. A good case study highlights the problem you were solving, the outcome achieved, your role, the solution, challenges you faced, and what you learned.
- Experience leading the design function on a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers, and other departments.
- Excellent communication skills. You love to collaborate and are particularly adept at remote work, async communication, and have strong storytelling and presentation skills.
- Curiosity. You ask good questions, and have compassion for both your colleagues, and the users you are designing for.
- Growth mindset. You are always working to level up yourself and those around you.
- Attention to detail. You have high standards, but also know when to move fast. You have a strong habit of self-review to catch mistakes and deliver quality.
- Adept at sketching and white boarding, and experience applying UX methods to the design of b2b software.
- You take delight in working through interface details, design for reuse and consistency, and are well versed in prototyping and visual design principles.
- You can turn ambiguity into clarity, clarity into a plan, and a plan into shipped software.
- Self-awareness. You have high emotional intelligence and know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Confidence. You bring a point of view, but know when to compromise.
- Taste. You know what good design looks and feels like.
Nice to Haves:
- Working on design systems.
- Writing research plans and conducting research.
- Basic technical knowledge of html, css, and front end technologies.
- Expertise in content design and UX writing.
- Advanced information architecture skills.
You aren’t a fit if:
- You want to go off and design alone and then hand off your work.
- You don’t like feedback and don’t have high standards for design.
- You need every pixel to be perfect before shipping a feature.
- You are uncomfortable with ambiguity and change.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strive to make hiring decisions that reflect our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Compensation Range: $125,000 - $175,000