Senior Data Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
TrueML is a mission-driven financial software company that aims to create better customer experiences for distressed borrowers. Consumers today want personal, digital-first experiences that align with their lifestyles, especially when it comes to managing finances. TrueML’s approach uses machine learning to engage each customer digitally and adjust strategies in real time in response to their interactions.
The TrueML team includes inspired data scientists, financial services industry experts and customer experience fanatics building technology to serve people in a way that recognizes their unique needs and preferences as human beings and endeavoring toward ensuring nobody gets locked out of the financial system.
TrueML is looking for a Senior Data Engineer on the Data Platform team to help maintain one of the key sources of our differentiation as a technology company and a successful business: massively scalable, fast, and efficient data ecosystem.
In this role you will work cross-functionally to create the data products that internal stakeholders and customers depend on to inform their decision-making. You will be diving deeply into understanding our data and transforming it into clean, efficient data models powering Data Science and Analytics platforms.
We’re looking for someone with a strong sense of ownership and pride in contributing to a rapidly evolving, innovative data ecosystem which is not only integral to the success of TrueML’s mission but will define new industry standards of performance and flexibility in the highly fragmented debt collection space.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop new data models and pipelines
- Become the product data subject matter expert
- Write SQL and ETL pipelines
- Drive improvements to data quality across the data pipelines
What We're Looking For:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or quantitative degree
- 4+ years of experience in Data Engineering or Data Analytics
- Solid SQL and data modeling skills
- Python experience
- Software engineering mindset with ability to write clean, maintainable code
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business partners
Nice to Have:
- FinTech background
- Experience with large scale databases: Snowflake, BigQuery, or Looker
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401k through Charles Schwab
- Flexible Spending Account & Limited FSA
- Short + long term disability, life insurance option
- Family-friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Employee assistance program (EAP) via Claremont. Get free short-term counseling for mental health, free + discounted legal consultations, free financial consultations, access to work/life consultants, and more!
- PerkSpot discount program. PerkSpot offers exclusive discounts to 900+ merchants nationwide, and has exclusive discounts up to 60% on hotels worldwide.
- Paid time off to do volunteer work in your community.
- Access to the Wellness Coach app for you and 5 family members
We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueML and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueML and TrueAccord are equal opportunity employers. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.