Engineering Manager, Data Acquisition
On a mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently
Founded in 2016, TrialSpark is a tech-driven Pharma company differentiated by radically more efficient drug development. TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of clinical drug development, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher quality trial data.
The company acquires clinical-stage drugs from pharmaceutical and biotech companies and develops them faster, unlocking greater value per program and accelerating access to new treatments for patients. TrialSpark's current therapeutic areas of focus include rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases.
About the Position
As the Engineering Manager for our Data Acquisition Squad, you will be accountable for Engineering strategy, design, development, and implementation of one of our core data teams that is responsible for building pipelines, data models, and handling the ingestion of novel data sources to support the entirety of a clinical trial journey, from patient recruitment to submitting
Engineering leaders at TrialSpark operate along three dimensions to support business outcomes:
- Lead your engineering team accountable for delivering high-quality data products.
- Develop and mentor Data and Analytics Engineers.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement among your squad and contribute to the broader Engineering team.
- Develop and implement best practices that drive efficiency, quality, and innovation within your squad.
- Optimize Engineering processes to achieve high levels of productivity and quality while reducing cycle time and technical debt for both your squad and data users within TrialSpark.
- Work with other teams such as Site Reliability Engineering and Product Engineering to establish and improve the software development and deployment lifecycle.
- Partner with Product to align vision, strategy, and roadmap for your squad.
- Drive the execution of the roadmap by working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that products are built to be reliable and easy to maintain.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and make sound decisions to ensure that the product is delivered on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate is passionate about developing quality data products, enabling their team to be the best version of themselves, and committed to continuous improvement.
- 1-3 Years of Engineering Management
- 3-7 Years as an Individual Contributor
- Fluent in Python, Relational Databases, and ELT/ETL Concepts
- Familiar with Infrastructure as code such as cloud formation and terraform
- 2-3 Years of Engineering Management
- 5+ years as an Individual Contributor
- Experience with low/no code solutions such as Snowplow and Rivery
- Experience with DBT
- Experience with Looker
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at TrialSpark. The target salary range for this role is $183,000 - $240,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.