Inside Sales Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Sunday, July 3, 2022
Torch is a rapidly growing start-up that has raised over $30+ million from top VCs including Bessemer Venture Partners, Felicis, Health Velocity, and FJ Labs. We are targeting the $100+ billion office-based healthcare supply industry, starting with dental practices. Our innovative e-commerce software platform streamlines healthcare professionals’ procurement process and helps them secure the best prices. Our founding team has experience from Blackstone, SmartAsset, Dropbox, and Datadog, from schools including Harvard and MIT. We’re a close‑knit team that enjoys working together every day to solve real‑world problems. We’re working to create better solutions to help healthcare professionals succeed, and we’re looking for talented people like you to help bring them to life!
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, highly motivated, experienced seller with a track record of success in selling to small and midsize businesses. You will own the full sales cycle from prospecting to close. You succeed when given the opportunity to pitch a vision, demonstrate tangible value and actively move prospects to close. You will work as an individual contributor while collaborating with the broader team to meet and exceed goals. We empower our team members and allow them to take on significant responsibility at an early stage.
As an Inside Sales Representative / Account Executive, you will leverage existing proven sales strategies to promote Torch’s platform and close new business. You are expected to prospect and conduct discovery to understand customer needs in depth then effectively pitch the Torch solution and work to onboard customers onto the Torch platform. You will own your own territory and have significant autonomy over day-to-day decision-making, and you will have the opportunity to grow into a strategic role with organizational ownership.
What we are looking for:
- 1-3 years of professional sales experience, including conducting outbound prospecting and demonstrated success in closing new business
- Experience selling into small and midsize businesses (e.g. doctors, restaurants, bars, etc.)
- Ability to ask thoughtful questions, listen actively and empathize with the buyer
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and become a subject matter expert
- Located in East Coast or Central Time Zones
- If located in NYC, working in a hybrid model
- Collaborative, supportive, and high performing culture
- Health Benefits: medical and dental coverage with Aetna, One Medical
- 401k benefits with Slavic
- Unlimited and flexible paid time-off
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Structured training program to help you learn critical business skills
- Career planning with a focus on professional development
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge
- An employee-driven culture with happy hours, team events, and other initiatives to celebrate our many successes
- Base salary is $62,500, OTE is $100,000 - $105,000 with uncapped commission plan and significant earning potential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.