Join the Family

Felicis portfolio companies are growing their teams in the U.S. and beyond.

Customer Success Manager, Growth Sales

Top Hat

Top Hat

Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 3, 2024
Are you a solution-oriented, naturally inquisitive individual driven by the desire to cultivate strong relationships? If so, we invite you to join our dynamic Customer Success, Growth Sales team!
In this role, you'll spearhead growth initiatives by nurturing existing relationships with our valued customers in the Growth segment, while also seizing the opportunity to identify and capitalize on new avenues for expansion. It's more than just a job; it's a gateway to kickstart or enhance your journey in the higher education and software space. Furthermore, by supporting professors, you'll play a pivotal role in enhancing student engagement and enriching the classroom experience. Join us in shaping the future of education and software innovation!

About the gig:

  • You’ll support and retain the current Top Hat customers in your book of business by having regular touchpoints with key stakeholders and decision-makers to ensure that the platform and content meet their needs and are being used and loved by their students.
  • You’ll support both print and digital customers within your book of business (including warm outreach, demos, discovery, solution presentation, negotiation and close).
  • You’ll act as the main point of contact between your professors and the internal Top Hat team to ensure we are delivering the value of Top Hat with each customer and increasing the usage of our solution.
  • You’ll spend approximately 60% of your time supporting and retaining your current book of business and the remaining 40% driving new business within your territory.
  • You’ll identify and drive new sale opportunities in your book of business by identifying, facilitating, and closing new business opportunities within your assigned book of business.
  • You’ll effectively position & message Top Hatʼs value proposition to professors and/or departments, using a mixture of inside and outside sales techniques - with the expectation that you will spend up to 15% of your time on campus.
  • You’ll represent and sell the full suite of Top Hat and approved partner products and services, including Top Hatʼs SaaS platform and digital textbook content.
  • You’ll collaborate with the Top Hat onboarding team to manage the full sales cycle for these new customers.

Who you are:

  • You have 2 years of experience in a client-facing role, ideally within the Higher Education, Publishing or Edtech industry.
  • You have a proven track record of success in hitting and exceeding a quota/target, ideally revenue-based.
  • Experience in sales, including the ability to drive & close deals, prospect effectively, and run the full sales cycle (including warm outreach, demos, discovery, solution presentation, negotiation and closing) is an asset!
  • You enjoy going on campus, meeting and building relationships with customers. This role requires 15% travel within North America (primarily in the US) and a valid Driver’s License for local travel.
  • You always have the best interest of your customers in mind. You do everything in your power to make sure they are set up for success and use Top Hat to revolutionize how they teach and how their students learn.
  • You're results-focused and have a solid track record of success in a quota-carrying role – you reach and blow renewal targets out of the water.
  • You know your way around a CRM, ideally Salesforce.
  • You're a smooth operator & a master communicator. You're fantastic on the phone, putting professors at ease and proving Top Hat’s value. You can also make more complex tasks a cinch to understand.
  • You're a doer. You're action-oriented and know how to structure your day to maximize your success.
  • You're entrepreneurial. You've probably worked at a startup before and are excited to join a company that's growing fast! And you proactively take on tasks that are outside your core function for the good of the company.
Why team members love working at Top Hat :
*A noble mission that creates meaningful, fulfilling work
*A team that cares deeply for customers and for each other
*We’re a company of invested owners - every Top Hatter receives stock options
*Professional learning and development for all role levels
*An awesome and welcoming Toronto HQ, and a growing sales hub in Austin, Texas
*Competitive health benefits that start on day one
*A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement and connection
*Our winning strategy and market potential
*Innovative PTO policy with lots of time and space for self-care
*Passionate customers that believe in us—and what we do