Founded in 2018 in Dublin, Tines is a smart, secure workflow platform designed to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. By automating workflows, Tines empowers frontline teams to reduce monotonous, manual work and free up valuable time and resources.
Tines is an integrator across your entire stack - if it offers an API, Tines connects with it. Having firmly established Tines as the de-facto automation platform for cybersecurity teams, we’re expanding horizontally to IT, Product, Engineering, and Infrastructure teams. Tines was built for everyone, delivering transformative and innovative enterprise software to industry leaders like Canva, Intercom, Databricks, Mars and Reddit.
We’re excited about what we’re doing and what’s to come, and we’re looking for others who can lead by our values of Simplicity, Speed, and Soundness. Because Tines is about delivering exceptional customer experiences, while creating a company culture that nurtures individual curiosity, growth, and integrity.
This is a hybrid role that must be based in the greater San Francisco Bay area as the successful candidate will be expected to be on-site at the Tines San Francisco Office once a week and attend in person client meetings & networking events in this region.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our pre-sales team at Tines and win new customers. You will partner closely with Account Executives to evangelize Tines' SaaS solutions and educate customers on the business value that they gain with no-code automation. You will use your product and technical knowledge to demonstrate how Tines can work with existing technology stacks to perform simple or complex automation without the need for coding or lengthy integration work.
The ideal candidate will be someone who understands customer business pains and can show how Tines can be deployed quickly to add value and solve problems.
What you will be doing :
- Develop strong and deep knowledge of Tines no-code automation and apply your knowledge to security operations challenges that our customers face
- Create and deliver compelling presentations to prospective customers and key alliance partners, clearly communicating the value and differentiation of Tines solutions
- Build and demo Tines Stories with customers to show value and win sales
- Manage the technical decision process with customers, setting and managing expectations in proof of concepts and/or evaluations
- Collaborate with Sales to identify key use cases to support competitive account strategies that solve customer challenges
- Support enablement of Tines’ priority channel and technical alliance partners, and support their pre-sales engineers on customer engagements
- Be a key source of market feedback into the product organization
- Contribute to our knowledge base by sharing key customer experiences, technical competitive insights, creating new Tines automation stories from customer and partner interactions and more
- Support the greater Sales Engineering team in developing metrics and refining SE operations into best practices that are shared across all SE teams
What you bring with you:
- 2+ years of experience in a pre-sales / sales engineering or technology delivery position
- Strong technical background and experience working with APIs, and a curiosity to learn new cloud technologies
- Strong skills and experience with uncovering customer needs
- Experience of delivering compelling demos to customers and winning technical evaluations
- Experience communicating with business and technical audiences
- A love for learning, open to giving and receiving feedback and passionate about making clients successful
- Project management skills and ability to deliver customer solutions
- Analytical skills and the ability to craft actionable insights from complex data
At Tines, we’re all about trying new things and taking the leap. If you’re second-guessing your application, we hope you’ll trust your gut and take the leap too! Applying for a new job isn’t always easy, especially if you’re thinking of a career pivot – but we’re big believers in learning and growth here at Tines, so you’ve nothing to worry about. A variety of experience, perspectives, and voices makes us the company we are. We’d love to hear from you.
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.