Who We Are
ThirdLove disrupted the lingerie industry by empowering women to find their perfect fit online with our innovative Fitting Room® quiz and is one of the original brands to operate 100% direct-to-consumer. All design and R&D is done in-house, and our extensive and complex supply chain is fully managed by our team. Inclusivity is at the core of who we are and how we serve our customers and build our teams.
Traditionally, women were given a choice between two options when it came to their bras and underwear: Be sexy, or be comfortable. Our Cofounders: Dave Spector, Heidi Zak, and Ra’el Cohen, thought that was outdated too — so, in 2013, they created ThirdLove — a third, better option, which doesn’t force us to choose between being sexy or comfortable.
What Our Team Embodies
Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and data-driven, and we were most recently recognized with the Great Place to Work certification. This recognition is given to a very small percentage of companies who apply for it and determined by employees’ real-time reports of their company culture. Earning this designation demonstrates to us that our team at ThirdLove is inspired by our mission, engaged in their everyday work, and enjoy partnering with our teammates and customers. If you want to impact millions of people, find your fit, and propel your career forward, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Are Looking For
ThirdLove is growing quickly and looking to make a key hire that will help us build the financial foundation to scale with our company’s growth. As the Senior Accountant, you will have a hand in both helping run the day to day operations of the accounting function and executing month-end close processes and reconciliations.
What You Will Own And How You Will Make A Difference
- Accounts payable and receivable management
- Follow up on outstanding invoices and resolve billing discrepancies
- Accurately record financial transactions in the general ledger
- Reconcile and record bank statements and credit card transactions
- Manage daily treasury operations (customer payments and payouts)
- Financial data entry and recording
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries dealing with inventory, purchasing, and COGS transactions
- Reporting in transit and accrued purchases inventory at month end
- Researching and performing reclasses and reconciliations ensuring proper accounting treatment of all inventory/COGS accounts
- Manage monthly duties and taxes filings in partnership with Operations
- Assist in month-end and year-end close
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statement audit
- Perform projects or other duties as requested
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve financial issues
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting
- 3-5 years of overall accounting experience
- Foundational knowledge of retail and ecommerce operations
- Experience with ecommerce or consumer goods Startup experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to identify operational inefficiencies and implement processes/systems to address the inefficiencies in order to achieve results
- Confident, energetic, team player who demonstrates good judgment and influences outcomes globally
- Hardworking, detailed-oriented and demonstrates both a strong sense of ownership and good business sense
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with various accounting software a plus (e.g. NetSuite, Tipalti, etc.)
DEFY CONVENTIONS: Stay curious and courageous. Take risks to drive innovation.
EVERYDAY IS A NEW DAY: Be adaptable and resilient. Approach new situations with a positive mindset.
MAKE IT HAPPEN: Take ownership and act with urgency. Execute with grit and focus.
PUT CUSTOMERS FIRST: Listen with empathy and communicate clearly, always with a customer focus.
WE’RE STRONGER TOGETHER: Efficiently cross-functionally collaborate & champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Stand or Sit : Must be able to remain in a stationary position approximately 60% of the time
- Use hands/fingers to handle or feel: Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer, printer, etc.
- See: The ability to observe details at close range like digital writing (within a few feet of the observer).
- Talk & Speak clearly: The ability to verbally communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations, many of these interactions can be online and will require verbal exchanges.
- Hear & Verbal Comprehension: The ability to listen to what other colleagues verbally express and understand the information that has been provided.
- Walk:The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Thought Processing: be able to make logical connections between thoughts and/or actions. Be able to understand their relevance to achieve a goal or keep the thread of conversation.
ThirdLove Offers You
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flex time off
- Discounted and free products
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ThirdLove is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.
Base salary range is 90,000-110,000K annually
Remote with ability to travel to San Francisco or Denver up to 3 times per year