Support Engineer (Americas)
Supabase is an open-source Firebase alternative built by developers for developers. Supabase adds auth, realtime, storage, restful APIs, and edge functions to Postgres.
We are seeking Support Engineers to provide world-class developer support for anyone experiencing issues or seeking guidance when using Supabase. The support team is globally distributed with a strong focus on minimizing time to fix, and works closely with the product engineering and growth teams.
- Provide initial and timely responses to all support cases for a variety of topics, from billing or pre-sales requests to optimization or implementation questions.
- Triage support cases including directing users to previous answers, code examples, documentation, or escalating to specific technical or business team members.
- Monitor multiple feedback channels, e.g. Github Issues & Discussions (check them here: https://github.com/supabase/supabase/issues).
- Identify where internal tooling might be developed or obtained to improve support efficiency.
- Reproduce issues, create test cases and improve test coverage, if you have experience with testing.
- Experienced in customer support, with 3+ years of experience providing developer support to technical customers.
- Proficient in SQL (ideally PostgreSQL). You feel comfortable with complex SQL queries. If you have a database administration experience, it’s a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
- Skilled in using Linux/Unix operating systems and the command line.
- Experienced working with GitHub Issues and Discussions.
- Having a degree in Computer Science is a plus too.
Timezones & Logistics
- It’s a full-time position with a required location in North American time zone (we don’t believe in sustainability of overnight shifts).
- This position covers Sunday → Thursday, 8am to 5pm PST
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- ESOP (equity ownership in the company)
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependents
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.