Flutter SDK Developer
We are looking for a Flutter Developer to join our SDK development team. This is a full-time position in our Amsterdam office or remote in the EU. Visa sponsorship in the Netherlands is possible.
What you will be doing
Job duties include building and maintaining Stream’s Flutter SDKs to allow integration with Stream’s core APIs. Your work will be used by thousands of developers and consumed by millions of their users.
As one of Stream’s Flutter developers, you strive to simplify how applications are built. Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research, and coding. You will be expected to write documentation for the libraries we create and interact with our customers through Github by responding to issues and reviewing pull requests.
- Maintain and enhance existing Flutter SDKs (Chat and Video)
- Work across multiple teams to provide technical insight on product and feature development
- Collaborate with backend teams to ensure feature parity across SDKs
- Pivot, jump in, and assist in the development/maintenance of other SDKs
- Assist customers with implementation, respond to GitHub issues, and review open source contributions
As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
- Been working as a software engineer for 3+ years
- Professional experience with Dart/Flutter and at least one other programming language
- Computer Science fundamentals knowledge
- A deep understanding of design and interaction with REST APIs
- Experience with TDD and CI
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by developers
Don’t fall into all of the requirements? You don’t have to match every bullet as long as you can grow into the role and provide value to the team.
- Experience interacting with other developers on Github (opening issues, open source contributions or maintenance)
- DevOps/AWS/Continuous Deployment
- Other technical experience with Go, Python, NodeJS, C#/.NET
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
Why join Stream?
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
- Complete location and working hours flexibility. If you prefer working from the office, working 100% remotely, combining both, or relocating to our AMS office, you have total freedom to choose what works best for you and makes you happy. We’re here to support you in being productive and feeling part of the team, no matter where you are.
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- Remote work flexibility
- A Learning and Development budget
- NS business card or a company bike covered
- Fitness stipend
- Monthly in-office chair massages by a professional
- Parental leave paid at 100%
- MacBook Pro provided
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
**Note:* this list of benefits applies to Netherlands-based employees and is adjusted per your location of residence.*
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse, and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No recruiters/agencies please