UPCOMING: Software Engineer II, Data Science & Engineering
This job is opening soon. We invite you to express your interest ahead of time so that our recruiting team can begin reviewing your background.
SoundHound AI believes every person should be able to interact naturally with the products around them–by simply talking. With a global reach spanning two dozen languages, we build Voice AI products with conversational intelligence for cars, restaurant ordering, and more, allowing our customers to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways.
At SoundHound AI, data and software engineering are two of our biggest assets. This role lives at the intersection of the two. We aspire to leverage our data to make informed decisions to steer product development, marketing, and user engagement to new heights.
Our Data Science and Engineering team can already boast an impressive suite of systems, tools, and applications to support and utilize our data. And yet, we have only scratched the surface of the kind of advanced analytics and insight generation we'd like to do! This is an opportunity to work on interesting data engineering and data science problems, build large-scale distributed machine learning systems from the ground up, and use cutting-edge Big Data technologies like Spark, Kafka, HBase, and Hive.
This role is available throughout Canada. Toronto-based employees can work out of our office in downtown Toronto. The compensation package will include salary, equity (RSUs), comprehensive healthcare, paid time off, and other benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement data pipelines to drive analytics and empower real-time insights
- Build Analytics solution for Enterprise Voice AI domain involving long audio transcription service for call centers, agent assist, and related use cases
- Leverage massive datasets for modeling, recommendations, and reporting solutions
- Provide technical leadership as the team executes cross-functional critical projects
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- Contribute to building strong scalable user-facing systems and exposing metrics using powerful visualization tools like Tableau
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5-7 years of industry experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science and 3-5 years of industry experience
- You have experience developing large-scale applications, complex data pipelines, and related projects
- You have strong coding experience, preferably in Python or Java
- You have hands-on experience with large-scale Big Data environments (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hadoop)
- You can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
We’d be especially excited if you have experience with data modeling, machine learning frameworks (e.g. Spark MLlib), and analytical tools supporting data analysis and reporting (e.g. Tableau).
We strive to be a values-driven company that is supportive of one another, open and honest, undaunted by challenges, nimble and focused, and determined to excel and win.
Here at SoundHound AI, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound ensures that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other employment benefits.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!