UPCOMING: Partner Engineer
This job is opening soon. We invite you to express your interest ahead of time so that our recruiting team can begin reviewing your background.
You will design and implement solutions to improve our voice AI platform across our partnerships, providing technical solutions to resolve business problems. You will be pivotal in establishing a connection between our partners and internal engineering teams. Through this collaboration, you will effectively address challenges, drive enhancements to our AI platform, and amplify its value proposition for all our partners.
This role makes a large impact by managing the technical aspects of our partnerships to apply our voice AI system to our customers’ use cases.
A Partner Engineer is a skilled software developer who teams up with clients and external partners to ensure the smooth integration of voice AI into their products. Additionally, they have a keen understanding of partner requirements and are adept at identifying risks, pain/friction points, and improving various aspects of the platform.
This role demands a diverse spectrum of software engineering skills, encompassing various programming languages and software design methodologies due to the range of partner preferences. Effective communication abilities are equally essential, given the direct engagement with external partners integral to the job.
A partner engineer typically works on multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating adeptness in time management and skillful prioritization.
This role can be worked remotely throughout the United States. Employees in or near Santa Clara, CA can choose in-office, hybrid, or virtual workplace options. Compensation for this role includes salary, equity (RSUs), comprehensive healthcare, paid time off, and other benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Own and maintain the technical aspects of our partner projects, from translating business requirements into technical requirements by diving deeply into our AI system
- Adapt and grow our partnerships through constant iteration, adding value to our partners while discussing solutions with our internal engineering teams to improve our internal platform
- Design and implement long-term solutions or short-term workarounds as appropriate to achieve business objectives
- Work cross-functionally with program management, product management, business development, internal engineering, and external partners to ensure projects are delivered on time
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5-7 years of full-time industry experience; or a Master's degree in Computer Science and 3-5 years of full-time industry experience
- You have extensive experience as an engineer and have demonstrated your ability to manage and negotiate technical requirements while ensuring that software engineering teams efficiently operate at a high level
- You have knowledge and experience implementing and customizing complex systems
- You are an experienced leader managing people and systems with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish strategic goals
We’d be especially excited if you have start-up experience or worked on teams in AI or search technology spaces.
We strive to be a values-driven company that is supportive of one another, open and honest, undaunted by challenges, nimble and focused, and determined to excel and win.
Here at SoundHound AI, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound ensures that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other employment benefits.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!