Software/MLOps Engineer II
SoundHound AI believes every person should be able to interact naturally with the products around them–by simply talking. With a global reach spanning two dozen languages, we build Voice AI products with conversational intelligence for cars, restaurant ordering, and more, allowing our customers to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways.
We are looking for an experienced MLOps or DevOps Engineer to join our core speech technology team. You will collaborate with researchers and software engineers to ship our voice AI products to customers across various industries. Team projects include deep learning acoustic models, wake word detection, voice biometrics, and sound event detection.
Our team is mostly based in Europe (France and Germany), with some team members in the United States. We enjoy flexible working hours and high ownership across our projects.
We are open to hiring remotely throughout the Eastern Time Zone of Canada. Toronto-based employees have the added benefit of enjoying in-person collaboration at our office. Employees can choose between virtual, hybrid, and in-office workplace options. Compensation includes a competitive salary, equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive health care, paid time off, and other benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Train acoustic models for our voice AI products
- Work on automation projects
- Build feature extraction tools and inference engines
- Build synergies in our codebase and optimize training pipelines
- Support our ASR architecture and cluster ecosystem
- Helm with cloud migration of kubernetes projects
- Implement and maintain tools to support the team and processes
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science plus 5-7 years of full-time industry experience or a Master's degree plus 3-5 years of full-time industry experience
- You are proficient in writing production-level Python code and are well-versed in industry standards and best practices
- You are proficient in Torch and other ML frameworks
- You are keen on Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Docker, and other containerization technologies and have strong MLOps skills
- You know how to write optimized code and leverage hardware for high-performance computing
- You are adept in algorithms and data structures
- You work synergistically with others, making the whole greater than the sum of its parts
We’d be incredibly excited if you have written C++ modules for Python, worked on embedded ML projects using TensorFlow Lite, and are familiar with distributed computing technologies like RabbitMQ, Redis, and ZeroMQ. Familiarity with real-time audio and signal processing is also a plus!
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound ensures that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other employment benefits.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!