Head of Mid-Market Sales
Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About the role
Semgrep is one of the fastest growing companies in the code security space and is aiming to become an industry leader shortly. As a sales leader, you will build a very high-performing team, become a trusted partner to the CRO, and delight your colleagues and customers
Semgrep enjoys a very vibrant open-source community and a steady-stream of inbound interest. You will be relentlessly building pipeline on top to complement this interest. You will hire, and coach top talent to build an outstanding sales team and swiftly deal with performance issues to raise our excellence. You will have the agency and resources to not only identify problems, but also solve them with a bias towards action. Reporting to the CRO, this position will give you the opportunity to make an impact at the highest level and the ability to lead a very large team as your business grows.
You are ideal for this role if
- You demand high performance. You hire, train, and retain exceptional talent in your organization. You do not tolerate mediocrity.
- You are reliable in providing high precision forecasts, and meet or beat your targets consistently.
- You own their business. You are a critical thinker. You have a complete mastery of your products, the industry, and customers. You are always one step ahead of the CRO for your segment.
- You have a bias toward action: You have a very strong sense of urgency and know what to focus on during challenging times. You do not shy away from making difficult decisions fast.
- You are obsessed with excellence. You have a high quality pipeline and you know how to reliably generate new pipeline. You know the left, right, and the middle of all your deals. Your team operates with boring excellence.
- College degree
- 3-5 years in tech sales management in a highly reputable company.
- A pattern of success for meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Based in San Francisco Bay Area (min 3 days / week in the office).
- A ton of grit, curiosity, and humility.
- Commitment to Semgrep values
- Compensation Range: $300,000 - $315,000 OTE uncapped
- Our compensation package includes equity and benefits in addition to salary.
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every Semgrep employee with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, 401k matching, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or something else.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and aspiring Americans, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
Semgrep is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in Semgrep’s mission, and treat Semgrep’s values as your own, you belong here.