Head of Product Marketing
Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About this role
Semgrep is looking to hire someone to lead and develop our product marketing team, owning product go-to-market (GTM) strategy, messaging, positioning, launch communications, and content. The person in this leadership role must have outstanding communication, leadership, and marketing skills, and they will work tightly with colleagues on teams including product, sales, growth, partnerships, and other marketing teams.
- Our hope is that this role will be based in either San Francisco or New York, ideally coming into our office 1-2 times a week.
Prior experience in a fast-paced, tech environment is helpful, but we are more interested in your love for the craft and design skills than your pedigree. So if this opportunity excites you but you don’t meet the exact requirements, apply anyway!
What you’ll do
- Craft strategies and lead cross-functional execution of launches and content to drive awareness and demand for the product line and community.
- Partner with growth and community marketing teams to drive product-led growth.
- Manage, develop, and lead our nascent PMM team
- Drive to understand customer needs, dig into product details, and elevate our messaging to deliver value-driven, breakthrough initiatives
- Understand and exploit the weaknesses of competitors in application security
- Educate industry analysts, prospects, and customers about Semgrep’s vision and solutions, in meetings, webinars, conferences and tradeshows
- Be the voice of the marketing team to the product management and CTO organization
- Develop messaging that proves differentiation in the application security market and work with other stakeholders to ensure that messaging is delivered consistently, effectively, and broadly across multiple channels and environments
You are ideal for this role if you have
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing or product management with at least 5 years in a security, developer, infrastructure, or DevRel-focused role
- 3+ years of experience successfully leading and coaching teams of product marketing managers, technical marketing engineers, or product managers
- Experience differentiating technical products to both technical users and economic decision makers
- Track record of working with demand gen and creative teams to develop strategies that drive prospect engagement and conversion
- Succinct, clear, and excellent written communication skills
- Clear, engaging, and personable presentation skills effective in small, private groups as well as large, public audiences
- Strong communication skills & ability to align with internal stakeholders, including sales, product management, and other marketing functions
Salary Range: $176,000 - $202,000
Our compensation package includes equity and benefits in addition to salary.
Please note that the range listed is for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every Semgrep employee with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, 401k matching, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or something else.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and aspiring Americans, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
Semgrep is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in Semgrep’s mission, and treat Semgrep’s values as your own, you belong here.