Sales Development Representative (EMEA)
Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About the role
At Semgrep, we take a different angle when it comes to our sales development and go-to-market approach. We lean on performance data and metrics to build out our demand generation and sales programs. As our first EMEA Business Development Representative, you will directly grow the sales pipeline by prospecting into new EMEA accounts. In collaboration with the Account Executive for EMEA, you will maintain and nurture relationships existing EMEA customers (ie. LSEG, Pearson, Mark and Spencers and more) and you will partner with Marketing and EMEA-based Account Executives to kick off new customer relationships.
- Our expectation is that this role will be hybrid - requiring 3 days a week in our London office
Prior experience in a fast-paced, tech environment is helpful, but we are more interested in your skills than your pedigree. So if this opportunity excites you but you don’t meet the exact requirements, apply anyway!
What you’ll do
- Follow standardized processes and tactics in order to: generate interest, qualify, and convert a high volume of marketing leads into prospective customers and generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives.
- Achieve and push the limits of your quota, territory revenue, and growth objectives
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to your assigned Account Executives
- Identify and analyze target prospects based on market, firmographic, and product signals
- Utilize Semgrep’s systems and sales enablement tools - such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Outreach for prospecting
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders within Semgrep’s target EMEA accounts
You are ideal for this role if you have
- 1+ year of experience in a quota based Sales or Business Development role
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (Native-level English is a must)
- You are a self-starter with the ability to learn and follow standardized processes in a fast-paced sales organization
- A growth mindset and are able to act on feedback quickly
- Strong organization and time-management skills as you’ll be working with hundreds of prospects simultaneously
Nice to have
- Bi-Lingual (Preference for Spanish, German or French)
- Technical/engineering degree or experience
- Experience driving enterprise demand for a freemium, bottoms-up, or open source business
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every Semgrep employee with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, 401k matching, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or something else.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and aspiring Americans, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
Semgrep is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in Semgrep’s mission, and treat Semgrep’s values as your own, you belong here.