Senior/Staff Product Manager
Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About the role
We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior/Staff Product Manager to join our small, but mighty Product team. Together, we’ll collaborate and build world-class developer-focused product experiences in a creative and iterative environment.
As an early member of our team, you’ll help up-level our Application Security platform, delighting our existing customers and helping us expand into new market segments. Through Semgrep's culture of impact and customer obsession, you’ll see and influence the decisions that lead to the enduring success of a high-growth startup. Your contributions and decisions will affect every aspect of what we build and do.
Prior experience leading a product area in a fast-paced environment is helpful, but we are more interested in your problem solving skills and desire to iterate quickly than your pedigree. So if this opportunity excites you but you don’t meet the exact requirements, apply anyway!
- This role is based in San Francisco and is hybrid; we require a minimum of 2 days a week in our SF office.
What you’ll do
- Entirely own a product area and its vision and strategy, and be responsible for its success in generating value to users and to the business
- Be responsible for the commercial success of your product area
- Engage deeply with customers and prospects to understand users’ problems and help shape and prioritize roadmap
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to establish the positioning and messaging of your product area
- Partner with Customer Success and Product Marketing to manage product releases and prioritize resulting feedback
- Partner with Engineering and Product Design to help ensure product excellence
- Manage projects through the life-cycle of ideation, discovery, execution, launch and iteration
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to track the success of your product area and identify opportunities for improvement
- Help shape the culture of our fast-growing product team
You are ideal for this role if you have
- 4+ years of PM experience, managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Experience owning a product line end-to-end and being accountable for the product’s success
- Experience building products for engineering personas
- Experience transforming complex user needs into pragmatic product solutions
- Experience at a growth-stage company, or the demonstrated ability to iterate quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience working cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success
- Preferred: prior experience as an engineer or the ability to code, however rusty
Salary Range: $160,000 - $210,000
Our compensation package includes equity and benefits in addition to salary.
Please note that the range listed is for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every Semgrep employee with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, 401k matching, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or something else.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and aspiring Americans, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
Semgrep is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in Semgrep’s mission, and treat Semgrep’s values as your own, you belong here.