Enterprise Account Executive
Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About the role
You'll be an Enterprise Account Executive in one of the fastest growing products in the DevSecOps market, working with some of the best Application Security and Developer teams in the world. You'll be an astute ambassador for your customers while tenaciously growing Semgrep's business.
Along the way, you’ll learn how to scale a sales organization and take a developer-centric security product to market. You will grow your career by being an early member of a high-growth startup backed by Sequoia Capital, Redpoint Ventures, and Felicis Ventures. As the company grows, so will your career opportunities.
As a member of our team, you’ll be a part of the decisions that make an early-stage startup successful and your work will be critical to our mission. Every customer you onboard will have a measurable impact on their software security. We’re excited to see what you do.
What you’ll do
- Work with the large Enterprise customers in a variety of industries, from banking to software development SaaS companies and everything in between
- Own customer engagements end-to-end, from prospecting and qualification to negotiation and close
- Once you land an account, you’ll onboard and grow them with additional products or increased Semgrep usage
- Manage inbound leads with a lightning fast follow-up and diligently qualify opportunities
- Achieve and exceed goals consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, product demos, and trials (Proof of Concepts) every quarter
- Maintain accurate pipeline management with expert-level forecasting and execute a territory plan
- Work closely with Customer Success and Product Management to ensure smooth launches and fuel future product growth
You are ideal for this role if:
- You possess excellent verbal, written communication, and product demo skills
- You are curious: you probe deep for customer pain-points and issues they’re trying to resolve with code security, and know how Semgrep can help
- Your mantra is always-be-prospecting: the world of DevSecOps, and specifically, AppSec is rapidly changing. You strive to be an expert yourself and have access to Semgrep experts so, when you reach out to a prospect, they want to take your meeting
- You are tenacious: build 4-5x pipeline, advance deals, work the organization chart, know how to align resources. Ultimately, you know how to GSD - Get Stuff Done!
- You are resilient: you will take early morning or late evening customer calls and travel for customer onsite meetings
- You have 5-10 years of sales experience in high pace environments with consistent quota achievement. You have closed multiple 6 or 7-figure deals a year, several years in a row within large Enterprise organizations. Bonus: relevant AppSec experience and/or early stage startup experience
- You have excellent customer orientation: possess record breaking SLAs in responding to any and all customer needs
- Are an expert in working asynchronously using Slack, Google Suite, email, video conferencing, etc.
- You have the technical aptitude to become fluent in the Semgrep and the DevSecOps industry
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $125,000* USD ($220,000 - $250,00 uncapped OTE)
- Our compensation package includes equity and benefits in addition to salary.
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every Semgrep employee with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, 401k matching, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or something else.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and aspiring Americans, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
Semgrep is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in Semgrep’s mission, and treat Semgrep’s values as your own, you belong here.