Senior Solutions Engineer
Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About the role
As a Sr. Solutions Engineer at Semgrep, you’d be an integral part of a diverse team working to help developers everywhere build more secure applications. Your daily engagements with our customers would directly contribute to a more productive and durable development process that catches software vulnerabilities before they go live. You will be the technical expert working directly with our customers to understand their goals and challenges, integrate our products and services into their environments, and ensure we deliver the maximum value possible.
What you’ll do
- Become an expert on Semgrep and integrating our platform into the software development lifecycle.
- Scope and own each customer engagement with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Articulate to customers how our platform is uniquely differentiated to power their security program with greater speed, accuracy, and flexibility than other offerings
- Act as a thought leader in the wider community, playing a key role in educating, sharing best practices, writing knowledge base articles and blogs, running workshops and presenting at events.
- Minimize customer friction in adopting and deploying Semgrep through building automation and creating content for external consumption.
- Share the voice of the customer to influence the roadmap of new features and services for the Semgrep platform. Proactively work within the organization to influence the evolution of the platform.
- Contribute to building a world-class solutions engineering organization by driving organization initiatives that help us refine and scale our workflows and processes.
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- An interest in people and helping them solve challenging technical problems.
- 5+ years working with customers in a pre-sales, customer success, or customer/product support experience.
- Experience communicating with executives and operating full sales cycles in large organizations.
- Uplifted your former teams by contributing technical knowledge, business acumen, industry insight, learning development, and direct mentoring.
- A deep understanding of developer workflows and build systems, including CI / CD environments such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, Circle CI, Jenkins, and Buildkite.
- Exposure to application security, vulnerability management, and static analysis programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, similar technical field of study, boot-camp completion, or equivalent practical experience.
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every Semgrep employee with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, 401k matching, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or something else.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and aspiring Americans, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
Semgrep is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in Semgrep’s mission, and treat Semgrep’s values as your own, you belong here.