Corporate Controller, 2-3 days / week
Accounting & Finance
Campbell, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
About Relay Robotics:
Relay Robotics is a leading supplier of autonomous service robots that work with humans safely, securely, and reliably. We are passionate about delivering easy-to-use, helpful robots that work alongside people in a variety of markets, locations, and applications. Our Relay robots have completed more than 1,000,000 deliveries, driven thousands of kilometers, and revolutionized the way people work.
At Relay Robotics, we are committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers. Our expert team has years of experience in robotics, engineering, software development, operations, sales & marketing, and customer support. We work closely with our customers and partners to ensure a seamless implementation of our robots tailored to the specific needs of each client.
About the Role
The Corporate Controller is responsible for overseeing all financial activities of the company, including managing the accounting team, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. The role requires expertise in manufacturing accounting and experience in managing outsourced teams. The Corporate Controller will ensure compliance with financial regulations and company policies while providing accurate financial analysis. This role is a critical member of the executive team.
- Oversee all financial operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger accounting.
- Manage the accounting team, which is outsourced overseas, ensuring timely and accurate completion of accounting activities.
- Manage inventory & costing accounting and analysis for all divisions
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other applicable regulations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Analyze financial data and provide insights to the executive team to help guide strategic decisions.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and monitor budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations.
- Manage the annual audit process with external auditors.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records and documentation.
- Provide financial leadership and mentorship to other members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred.
- Expertise in manufacturing accounting and knowledge of inventory management.
- Experience managing outsourced teams.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other financial regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills.
Relay Robotics is proud to have a diverse team and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are looking for people who share our passion for innovation and want to help build a company known for its customer-obsession and commitment to excellence. Join us today and help shape the future of robotics.