Member of Technical Staff, QA
Runway is a research company pioneering new tools for human imagination. Runway has been at the forefront of multi-modal AI systems ensuring that the future of content creation is accessible, controllable and empowering for creatives. Runway’s mission is to ensure that anyone anywhere can tell their stories. We believe that deep learning techniques applied to audiovisual content will forever change art, creativity, and design tools.
Runway is leading a shift to generative media that is unlocking an unprecedented level of creative potential. The invention of the camera 200 years ago forever changed our world – AI is a new kind of camera that will reshape storytelling forever and lead to full feature films that are entirely generated.
About the role
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to help us ensure a high standard of quality and reliability for Runway’s AI creation suite. The best fit for this role has experience in writing robust and effective tests, working closely with support and our users to identify and document bugs, and has an interest in the future of creative tools and browser technologies.
What you’ll do
- Test and help to build robust and reliable products powered by the latest, cutting-edge AI video generation models.
- Collaborate with Product, Design and Engineering to refine user stories and identify possible edge cases during shaping stage of the product
- Compose detailed and thorough test cases, while actively maintaining and enriching our expanding test case library.
- Partner with external third-party testers to identify, meticulously test, and validate a diverse range of issues.
- Work closely with Customer Support team to triage and escalate issues reported by our customers
What you’ll need
- Experience testing complex, modern Web and Mobile applications
- Strong understanding of QA best practices and methodologies
- Ability to write and execute test plans, and have a solid understanding of QA principles
- An understanding of the feature functionalities and output quality of prominent AI image and video generation technologies
- A problem solver, who is able to call out problems on system level, while also having and acquiring knowledge on how various components interact
- Be a creative thinker, adept at optimizing test approaches and maximizing efficiency through innovative strategies.
- Exhibit a strong sense of empathy towards user experiences and a keen understanding of how users interact with products.
- You have strong attention to detail and able to deliver meaningful feedback
- A fast learner and eager to teach others
Runway strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on competitive market rates for our size, stage and industry, and salary is just one part of the overall compensation package we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $90,000-$130,000
Working at Runway
Great things come from great teams. We’d love to hear from you.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply.
More about Runway
- Runway Research
- Runway's AI Film Festival
- Creative Dialogues Series
- Runway Studios
- Our Behaviors and Company Mission
- We raised a $141 million extension to our Series C