Engineering Manager, Machine Learning
Runway is a research company pioneering new tools for human imagination. Runway has been at the forefront of multi-modal AI systems ensuring that the future of content creation is accessible, controllable and empowering for creatives. Runway’s mission is to ensure that anyone anywhere can tell their stories. We believe that deep learning techniques applied to audiovisual content will forever change art, creativity, and design tools.
Runway is leading a shift to generative media that is unlocking an unprecedented level of creative potential. The invention of the camera 200 years ago forever changed our world – AI is a new kind of camera that will reshape storytelling forever and lead to full feature films that are entirely generated.
Great things come from great teams. We’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help manage a new team that is focused on productionizing new ML-based features to power Runway’s set of creative tools. You should have experience growing high-performing engineering teams and be deeply interested in the intersection of machine learning and systems design.
What you’ll do
- Lead a talented ML team and keep pushing the boundaries of AI-based content creation
- Develop and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning systems to production
- Work weekly with leadership and the engineering team as a whole to review and set priority around goals
- Build a team of skilled engineers from diverse backgrounds
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience in a team lead or engineering manager role
- 4+ years of industry experience in an engineering and/or research role
- Strong background building impactful and novel machine learning projects
- Solid knowledge of at least one machine learning framework (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow)
- Empathetic and inclusive leadership style
- Ability to rapidly prototype solutions and iterate on them with tight product deadlines
- Strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
Runway strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on competitive market rates for our size, stage and industry, and salary is just one part of the overall compensation package we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $220,000-$260,000
Working at Runway
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply.
Keep exploring Runway: