The wholesale distribution industry is ready for a revolution, and Proton is leading the charge. The world relies on distributors to sell nearly every physical product, but despite its massive contribution to the global economy, this industry has been left behind in terms of technology. Proton is changing that with AI-powered CRM software. Distributors using Proton see 10x ROI, faster new hire ramp-up, and happier sales teams.
In 2022, we raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. This year, we’re laser-focused on driving customer growth. If you’re excited about the opportunity to wear multiple hats, and continuously learn and experiment, now’s the time to join the Proton team.
About the role:
Proton is looking for an Account Executive to join our fast-growing SaaS team! Reporting directly to our CEO, the Account Executive will be responsible for building our sales motion - identifying client needs through comprehensive research and discovery, developing impactful client materials, and delivering persuasive executive-level presentations both virtually and in-person.
We're looking for a Account Executive who has a track record of selling enterprise software in a startup environment. This is a career-defining opportunity to have a direct impact on the growth and expansion of Proton as we disrupt the $7 trillion distribution market.
This is a hybrid role, based in the greater Boston area (Kendall Square).
What You’ll Do:
- Strategize and execute sales processes: Prepare and carry out strategic sales approaches, including identifying client pain points through discovery sessions, shadowing, and research.
- Develop and present materials: Craft materials that guide clients to understand how your solutions can assist them, highlighting potential impacts.
- Conduct high-level presentations: Execute executive-level presentations, both virtually and in person, to effectively communicate the value proposition.
- Build and maintain relationships: Network and build relationships with key stakeholders and champions within client organizations, extending into upper management.
- Continuously enhance sales strategies: Actively contribute to the refinement and improvement of the sales positioning, motion, and overall go-to-market strategy.
- Strategic thinker with high hustle: You're capable of engaging in executive-level conversations and are determined to succeed in a long sales cycle environment, showing high levels of persistence and adaptability.
- Organized and detail-oriented: You have the ability to manage a pipeline effectively, ensuring thorough preparation and follow-up for each deal.
- Relationship builder with curiosity: You possess deep curiosity about clients and their needs, and you excel at building relationships and trust, both with clients and within the team.
- Driven and customer-focused: You are highly motivated to achieve results, prioritize customer needs, and are willing to take ownership of your tasks and challenges.
- Adaptable and eager to learn: You are early in your career with high potential, eager to learn about the customers, the product, and the industry, and you're excited to pivot your career toward software sales or entrepreneurship.
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Company off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.