Director of Enterprise Solutions
The wholesale distribution industry is ready for a revolution, and Proton is leading the charge. The world relies on distributors to sell nearly every physical product, but despite its massive contribution to the global economy, this industry has been left behind in terms of technology. Proton is changing that. With AI-powered sales software, we’re breaking through the complexity of selling millions of products and making it easier for distributors to anticipate customer needs. Our mission is to bring the distribution industry into the modern age and the results speak for themselves. Distributors using Proton see 10x ROI, faster new hire ramp-up, and happier sales teams.
In 2022, we raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. This year, we’re laser-focused on driving customer growth. If you’re excited about the opportunity to wear multiple hats, and continuously learn and experiment, now’s the time to join the Proton team.
Proton is looking for a Director of Enterprise Solutions to join our fast-growing team! Reporting to our CEO and with heavy exposure to our COO, the Director of Enterprise Solutions will identify business development opportunities, build relationships with Director level to C-suite members of Enterprise B2B Distributors, and design and sell solutions depending on their needs.
This role will either be based in Boston with a hybrid schedule (3 days in office, office located in Kendall Square).
As a Director of Enterprise Solutions, you will:
- Engage prospective clients with a consultative approach. Sell to Proton’s Top 1,000 accounts in the large enterprise space (customer revenues typically >$1B).
- Build multi-threaded customer buying committees involving stakeholders at all levels of the organization, up to C-suite.
- Drive solution concepts, design, and vision, and relay that to both the client and our organization.
- Develop strategies to engage prospective clients, identify decision-makers and stakeholders, build trusted relationships, and educate our audience on AI and Machine Learning opportunities within their business.
- Foster a team environment to win. Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other Revenue Support groups to ensure customer success.
- Become a trusted internal “voice of the customer” for our product and engineering teams, advocating for features or solutions that will help them grow.
- Develop and deliver on new client and revenue targets.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 3-5 years in management or strategy consulting at a top firm OR 7+ years of demonstrated successful Enterprise sales experience, either selling to an industry that requires extensive domain expertise (e.g. selling to Distributors, Transportation, 3PL), or in a complex tech/SaaS environment; verifiable track record of hitting quota
- Consultative relationship building skills that foster business relationships built on trust, confidence, and results, leading relationship-building activities with C-Level executives
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40% as needed.
- Scrappy, flexible, autonomous; hungry to work in a high growth startup environment
- History of entrepreneurship, side-hustles, and/or extra involvement in their community. Looking for people that get deeply integrated in their company and feel like they're winning business for their company, not just their employer
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or go towards commuting costs.
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid Off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.