Staff Technical Writer
As a Staff Technical Writer on the PredictSpring team you will play a critical role in creating succinct, clear and accurate documentation. We want you to help us showcase the value of documentation to our users, empowering them to use our platform to its fullest potential.
PredictSpring is the leading Modern POS platform to power Full POS, mPOS, Endless Aisle, Fulfillment, Inventory Management, and Clienteling. Designed exclusively for brands and retailers, its innovative technology powers Modern POS and store associate apps enabling retailers to create fully on-brand, customized experiences. Founded by the visionary behind Google Shopping, PredictSpring powers next generation in-store technology for some of the world’s leading brands including Steve Madden, Deciem (The Ordinary), Jo Malone and more.
- Collaborate with engineering, customer success and design teams to create customer facing documentation.
- Manage the entire publishing process
- Identify gaps in current documentation to focus priorities
- Write, publish and maintain both internal and external facing documentation in a clear & concise manner
- Proofread, simplify & improve existing documentation
- Work with product management to develop objectives & priorities
- Structure, write, and update user guides, tutorials, and API/SDK developer documentation
- Mentor junior teammates
Skills & Experience
- Excellent people & communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Writing and editing experience (must be able to provide writing samples)
- Experience documenting or building web applications, especially at enterprise scale
- Experience with Linux, git, Swagger/OpenAPI, Markdown, and a "docs as code" approach to documentation
- Competence in any mainstream programming language
- Approach documentation as an advocate for the user
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with one of the programming paradigms including Java, Node.js, Python, or C++
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS
- Experience in SaaS products
We pride ourselves in providing the most robust compensation and benefits package exceeding industry standards.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Strong equity / employee stock option package
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and dependents with BlueShield
- Generous vacation and company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Participation in 401(k) plan with Vanguard
Something looks off?