Regional Sales Lead, Middle East / North Africa
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Based in the UAE, the Middle East / North Africa Sales Lead (MENA) will be responsible for growing Planet’s sales pipeline and book of business in the Middle East and North Africa region. The ideal candidate for this position is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative in finding new and dynamic ways to expand Planet’s business. This person will have a proven track record of selling in government and commercial accounts in this region, with an extensive network and able to navigate procurement processes and frameworks. They will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large and medium-size deals and drive sales revenue targets. The ideal candidate will have a technical understanding of geospatial imagery products, or a similar technical field and an understanding of government customers that we sell to.
This role involves developing an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, providing product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulating appropriate business. To support this, the Government Sales Executive should have the ability to forecast accurately when managing the incoming pipeline of opportunities. The need to source, sell, co-sell, and close deals means that the ideal candidate should be familiar with the concepts of carrying quota and closing. Above all else, we want our potential MENA Sales Executive to enjoy our unique value proposition and join us in Planet’s mission to see change and change the world.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Work very result-oriented to develop a sales pipeline of strategic deals with government customers
- Create narratives that are aligned with your target customer priorities and resonate with decision makers
- Achieve or exceed your sales targets and goals
- Work in close collaboration with the cross-functional teams that support your efforts and leadership
- Work with the marketing team to run campaigns to attract and identify new opportunities
- Work closely with a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to generate contacts and leads
- Prospect and develop business relationships, close sales, and manage customer expectations as the company grows
- Collaborate with the Sales team in fostering customer relationships
- Engage qualified prospects and take them through the journey of identifying a fit for Planet solutions and negotiating through agreement/contract/procurement obstacles to achieve an ultimate win
- Manage the contracting and especially Government procurement process
- Work closely with pre-sales staff to ensure a cohesive effort is put forth when demonstrating Planet products and services and achieving a technical win
- Work closely with our post sales teams to ensure a successful onboarding for new customers
- Maintain a excellent level of pipeline hygiene using Salesforce.com
- Collaborate and innovate as needed to create customer-facing presentations and proposals unique to the prospect and situation
What You Bring:
- Proven track record of exceeding targets and developing and closing significant deals $1m+
- 8+ years experience selling to government customers including understanding the nuances of Government sales cycles and how to navigate through the process
- Consultative approach to solution selling with experience developing and closing large complex deals
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate professional experience
- Excellent relationships across Government and the partner ecosystem in the region
- Excellent communication skills, minimum in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated success finding and winning business with Government and Commercial customers in the region, specifically with UAE, Oman, KSA, Bahrain.
- Deep understanding of the value of commercial imagery in support of the Planet’s mission
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM System
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 5+ years of related experience in geospatial software, imagery or technical sales required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Vertical-specific expertise a strong plus (government, agriculture, commodities, energy, forestry, govt sales)
- Knowledge and network in Earth Observation / Remote Sensing, and / or Geospatial
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.